Apply to Become a National Delegate for the IASSS
The International Association of Student Surgical Societies (IASSS) is the official, pre-specialist affiliated society of the International Society of Surgery (ISS-SIC).
We represent a community of aspiring surgical care physicians (including surgical, anaesthetic and allied health professionals) at various stages of training. Our organisation is comprised of students, junior doctors, trainees and residents from across the globe.
The IASSS team aims to foster a pre-specialist passion for surgical care and to cultivate a passion for safe, equitable, accessible surgical care for all.
We are hoping to connect with more surgical enthusiasts by recruiting national delegates (ND) from each region in the following regions: Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe, Middle East, North America and South America.
Each region has an appointed chapter lead who will look after the national delegates of the associated region.
This role involves the following responsibilities and duties:
- Identifying student surgical societies at universities in your country
- Encouraging student surgical societies to sign up as members of the IASSS, if they have not already done so
- Creating a collaborative network of all student surgical societies in your country
- Identifying universities in your country that do not have student surgical societies
- Exploring the need for these universities to establish student surgical societies and guiding them to do so
If you are successful in your application to become an ND you will be assuming the role until December 2023. All positions will be open from January 2023 till August 2023.
If you are interested in applying, fill in this form.
If you would like more information, contact our president at [email protected]